Adage nedir? Adage tanımı. Adage ne anlama gelir? Adage ne zaman kullanılır.
Adage terim anlamı:
Adage edebiyatta, çok uzun süredir bilinen ata sözlerine denir. Toplum tarafından genel kabul görmüş gerçeklerin zekice ve ironi kullanılarak karşı tarafa aktarılması için kullanılır.
Adage sözlük anlamı:
Adage; atasözü, özdeyiş, vecize anlamalarına gelebilmektedir. ( okunuşu: eidi:c)
An adage s a concise, memorable, and usually philosophical aphorism ( saying) that communicates an important truth derived from experience, custom, or both, and that many persons consider true and credible because of its long-lived tradition.
- “do not count your chickens before they hatch” An adage sometimes implicates a failure to plan.
- “do not burn your bridges”. Adages may be interesting observations, ethical rules, or skeptical comments on life in general.
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire” means if there is evidence that something is happening and it probably is actually happening
“The pen is mightier than the sword.”Trying to convince people with ideas and words is more effective than trying to force people to do what you want.
“People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.” You should not criticize other people if you’re not perfect
“There’s no such thing as a free lunch.” It means that if you are offered for spmething free, think twice! because always have a hidden cost.
- Some adages are products of folk wisdom that attempt to summarize a basic truth; these are generally known as “proverbs” or “bywords”.
- An adage that describes a general moral rule is a “maxim”.
- Through overuse, an adage may become denominated a “cliché”, “truism”, or “old saw”.
- An adage is a more general term than a proverb because adages have universal visdom and truth while proverbs have more daily practices in our life.
Biraz da soru çözelim mi?
#1 what ıs the best defınıtıon of adage?
#2 Whıch of the followıng statements ıs not true about adage?