1.Why does Thomes More wrıte thıs work ın latın?
He had closely interest with greek philosophers and dealt with works such as Plato’s republic. It was written in latin in the aim of understanding of educated readers of all Europe because he believed that his work is needed e deeper understanding.
2. What ıs the geography of utopıa lıke ?
3. How about Gold and Sılver ın Utopıa?
Utility was important rather than beauty and especially scarsity. So they don’t treat gold and silver in a way we use. But they made sure no one overvalue gold and sliver beyond the metals themselves desires.for example Iron is for superior to gold because it’s more useful than gold as it is lasting and tough but on the countrary gold has no acceptable function and provides nothing for people. The fact that human has made them precious because they are rare seemed to utopians very stupid.
4. How about the marrıage customs ın utopıa?
- The bride and the groom are shown to each other nakedly
- Utopia is the only one place that monogamy is performed around that region
- Divorce in Utopia was hard because it was protected by the strict rules. In the manner of divorce ; innocent part’s rights was protected against the guilty part.
5. What ıs the relıgıon lıke ın utopıa?
- There is a polytheism” the belief that there is more than one god.
- Every one is free to choose his/her religion.
- A man can be both god & man It means he becomes a model for utopians, he becomes ideal with his behaviours, so people glarify him
6. What ıs the agrıculture and farmıng lıke?
7. ıs ıt possıble such a country?
A country like that may be boring. Because people will never resist some things. But human beings needs strugles and wants originality. This monotony makes them unable to change. And in somewhere no change is present, people can not cultivate themselves to have more colorful desires and improvements. İn time in such a place the fundemantal needs of human desires began to pressure social order and individual freedom…..
Utopia is a static place and utopians are static society but in reality there can be nowhere like utopia in the world. Utopia is a good as a picture it is imposible to be such a place because human desire, feeling, imagination changes everyday, is not the same. So Utopian’s clothes, houses, cities are the same thet don’t want any change so they didn’t give mportance to education. They go to school only to learn how to read and write